Mental illness comes in all shapes and sizes. This week’s theme is Educate, and your task today is to read up on common signs that something’s not right, for both yourself or someone you love.
While no two people experience the same symptoms of a mental illness, some common signs include:
- Excessive worrying, fear, or sadness
- Extreme mood changes
- Irritability and strong anger
- Concentration issues
- Struggling to fall asleep, stay asleep, or sleeping too much
- Eating too much or too little
- Changes in sex drive
- Struggling to manage daily stress
- Avoiding friends and social activities
- Overuse of alcohol or drugs
- Headaches, stomachaches, or other pains with obvious cause
- Suicidal thoughts or ideation
988 is here to help if you or someone you care about is struggling to cope. Call or text our dispatchers, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.