Catch Up On ZZZZ
This week’s theme is Heal, so you have our permission to catnap this afternoon.
One of the most closely associated factors with mental health struggles is lack of sleep, and certain mental illnesses can make it hard to get enough shuteye. Tonight, try to hit the hay a little early. Getting enough sleep helps your mind reset, improves memory and cognitive function, and makes dealing with every day a lot less stressful.
According to the CDC, here’s how much sleep you should aim for every 24 hours.
- Newborn (0-3 months): 14-17 hours
- Infant (4-12 months): 12-16 hours
- Toddler (1-2 years): 11-14 hours
- Preschool (3-5 years): 10-13 hours
- School Age (6-12 years): 9-12 hours
- Teen (13-18 years): 8-10 hours
- Adult (18-65+): 7-9 hours